To escape the maze in PC/Mac Final Doom Plutonia Experiment
level 11, Hunted:
Note that most closed doors in this maze will only open
when a player crosses a nearby invisible floor trigger (or
"tripwire"). The location of each invisible tripwire is
indicated by a pair of thin, vertical metal strips that are
mounted across from each other on opposing walls. When a
player passes between a pair of these vertical strips, the
tripwire there is activated, and a nearby door will open up
for a few seconds, then close again.
If you try to get through a door but it closes too soon,
simply reverse your steps until you activate the correct
tripwire, then run back to the door.
To access a first-person demo/video that illustrates the
path described in the walkthrough below, click here.
To access a video that illustrates the path below from a
top-down perspective (Automap-only view), click here.
The player first appears on this level in a large room in
the middle of the maze.
The following path may be used to access the red key and
escape the maze:
* Activate the button on the east wall of the starting
room, step outside, and turn right (south).
* Follow the left-hand wall and go through a triggered door
on your left.
* Follow the right-hand wall, and continue east to pass a
door on your right.
* Continue along the right-hand wall, and go through a
triggered door on your right.
* Turn right and walk straight (east) through and past a
* Follow the left-hand wall around a few corners, and walk
east past a door on the right.
* Continue to a nearby triggered door on your left, and
* Follow the left-hand wall north, passing an opening on
* Turn left at the end of the passage, and follow the
left-hand wall to the red key.
* Turn south, follow right-hand wall for a few paces, and
go through the opening on your right.
* Follow the right-hand wall south and go through the
triggered door ahead.
* Follow the right-hand wall around several corners, and
walk west past an opening on your right.
* Continue west past another opening, to small open area
with a switch that will be on your right as you enter.
* Activate the switch.
* Turn and go east, passing a closed door on your right,
and past an opening a few paces farther down on the
* Follow the right-hand wall around a few corners and step
through the triggered door on your right.
* Follow the right-hand wall south to an opening on your
right, and step into to a 4-way intersection there.
* At the 4-way intersection, walk west a couple of paces,
stepping past a short dead-end passage on the right, and
step across the nearby floor trigger to your left, then
turn and go back into the 4-way intersection.
* Go north and follow the right-hand wall to the triggered
door ahead, and step through.
* Turn left, and follow the left-hand wall around a few
corners, go through a triggered door and turn left.
* Follow the left-hand wall around to a door on your left.
* Walk a few paces north to cross a floor trigger that
opens the door you just passed, then turn around and go
back to that door and step through.
* Continue west a few steps, passing an opening on your
* Take a step into the passage on your left to cross a
floor trigger located the edge of the passage.
* Turn around and walk north through the triggered door.
* Follow the left-hand wall around a few corners, and
continue east past an opening on your left.
* Continue following the left-hand wall past a switch on
the left, and look for teleporter pad at the end of a
short passage on your left.
* Step on the teleporter pad to leave the maze.
When you teleport out of the maze you'll appear in a large,
square, open area on the north end of the level.
In the southwest corner of this area is a spiral stairway.
Walk to the top of this stairway and pick up the BFG-9000
there. Stepping down to the ground off of the top platform
will cause a new teleporter pad to become accessible in the
Step on that teleporter and you'll appear on top of the
large stone platform nearby.
Leading up from the northeast and northwest corners of this
platform are a pair of curving stairways. Each stairway
leads to an exit teleporter.
It is recommended that you save your game before exiting
Back to: Doom Help page / Classic Doom home page